Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 Visa
The Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 visa is a permanent General Skilled Migration visa which requires nomination by a State or Territory Government.
SkillSelect Only Application
In order to apply for a Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 visa, you must first lodge an Expression of Interest through SkillSelect and be invited by the Department of Immigration to apply.
Once you are invited to apply for a skilled visa, you must lodge your application within 60 days, otherwise the invitation lapses. Accordingly, it is very important that you have all required documentation prepared to lodge as soon as possible after receiving the invitation.
In order to qualify for a Subclass 190 visa, you would need to:
- Lodge an EOI and be invited to apply
- Be nominated by a State or Territory Government
- Meet the pass mark in the skilled migration points test – currently 65.
- Be aged between 18 and 44 inclusive
- Pass Skills Assessment in an occupation on the State/Territory Nominated Occupations List
- Have Competent English or higher
- Meet health and character requirements
Nomination by a State or Territory Government
Each State and Territory Government publishes a list of occupations in short supply in their area. There may be specific requirements in terms of work experience, English language ability or specialised skills.
Do I Apply in Australia or Overseas?
You can either be in Australia or overseas when you apply for a Subclass 190 Visa. In order to lodge from within Australia, you would need to hold a substantive visa or a Bridging A, B or C visa. Once you apply from within Australia, you would receive a bridging visa allowing you to remain in Australia during processing of your visa application.
Including Family Members
You can include the following types of family members in your application:
- Spouses, defacto partners and same-sex partners
- Dependent children
- Other dependent family members – eg parents who live with you and are financially dependent
It is possible to include partners and dependent children after lodgement of the application, but other dependent family members must be included at lodgement.
Duration and Conditions
The visa is a permanent visa, allowing applicants to remain in Australia indefinitely with full work rights. You would generally be expected to reside for 2 years in the State or Territory which nominated you for the visa.
If you are outside Australia when the visa is granted, you and your family members will need to enter Australia for the first time prior to expiry of your health and police clearances.
Acacia has significant expertise in handling general skilled visa applications, and can help you with:
- Getting your skills assessed
- Obtaining a nomination from a State or Territory Government
- Putting together a relative sponsorship
- Lodging visa applications within tight deadlines
- Managing your bridging visas
- Getting results with minimum stress and worry for you
Please book an immigration consultation if you would like assistance with your Skilled Nominated Subclass 190 visa application.