Family & spouse visas

Family migration For Australia


What is a Partner Visa?

A partner visa allows the spouse or partner of an Australian citizen, a permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen eligible to live in Australia. The application of this visa is divided into two distinct segments. The initial step is the temporary partner (sub-class 820/309), follow-up of the Permanent step partner (sub-class 801/100). Although the application is made together, you will get these visas separately. In addition, it is important to note that the sub-class that you ask will depend on your location at the time of the visa application.



Visa subclass include:

• Partner Visa (Subclass 309/100 – Offshore)
• Partner Visa (Subclass 820/801 – Onshore)




Key requirements:

• Partner must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
• Must satisfy the legal requirements for being a sponsor
• Provide evidence of continuous and genuine relationship

What if you are engaged to be married?


There is a track for the engaged couple who plan to marry soon. In function of your recent commitment and your perspective of marriage, you can choose to make a visa application of prospective marriage (sub-class 300). However, it is a temporary visa and valid for only nine months. During this time, you must marry you to your sponsor if you want to make the transition to the visas partners above. In addition, you must be outside Australia when you remove your request and when the visa is granted. In addition, you can have the marriage in any country that the marriage does not need to be in Australia. Finally, after the marriage, you will be eligible to apply for a visa partner to stay permanently in Australia.

australian partner visa